Tri-State Airport Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sex, race, national origin, religion, disability, or veteran status.
CLASS TITLE: Airport Maintenance Worker
Starting pay: $9.00 per hour
This position requires some technical knowledge in carpentry and mechanics. Performs various semi-skilled airport maintenance tasks as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Individual will be responsible for semi-skilled maintenance projects. Individual will assist with pavement maintenance, mowing and snow removal operations. Performs various maintenance duties as assigned by Supervisor. Individual is required to be on-call 24 hrs day/7 days a week for emergencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be knowledgeable in all areas of carpentry. Experience in pavement maintenance is a plus. Must have the ability to comply with FAA Regulations and Airport Rules and Regulations. Must have some knowledge of methods, policies and procedures of ground and building maintenance. Must be able to use hand tools and ride-on equipment. Must be safety conscious. Must have the ability to work effectively with management, co-workers and citizens. Must have the ability to respond with short notice. Individual must have proficient oral and written communication skills.
Any combination of training, education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED. Completion of trade/vocational school training in any areas of maintenance is a plus.
Employment may be contingent upon completion of federally approved 10-year background investigation and/or a background investigation by any law enforcement agency. Employee must maintain appropriate security status.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF WORK:
Individual will be required to work during an airport emergency. Individual will be exposed to outdoor conditions including, but not limited to, inclement weather, noise, fumes and chemicals.
CLASS TITLE:Allegiant Air Customer Service/Ground Operations Agent
Part-time (up to 29 hours per week) Starting Pay $9.00 per hour.
This position is responsible for providing customer service to all customers, including scheduled or charter services. Responsibilities will also include ground operations, aircraft cleaning, security, operations and commissary duties as required.
- The ideal candidate must be people oriented, highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Process tickets, check baggage, monitor carry-on baggage for size and quantity, and assign seats.
- Provide information on arrival and departure times, boarding procedures, baggage carry-on regulations, and seating arrangements.
- Handle denied boarding situations, solicit volunteers, re-accommodate customers and provide hotel, meal, and taxi vouchers when appropriate.
- Ensure FAA, Allegiant Air, and airport regulations are followed.
- Enforce safety/security measures and monitors safety sensitive zones.
- Assist Customers with special needs and those who need assistance in boarding.
- Load and unload baggage and co-mail of various weight and dimensions to and from aircraft and applicable airport baggage areas.
- Marshal in the planes and push back the aircraft.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be well groomed and adhere to dress code policy.
- Work in extreme outdoor conditions.
- Ability to push/pull/lift 70 lbs on a continuous basis.
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints.
- Coordinate, provide training and ensure training requirements are met for all employees, i.e., new hire, recurrent, supplemental, and local training issues.
- Must be available to work varied hours including nights, weekends, and holidays and must be able to stay late for irregular operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986.
- Able to attend required training.
Candidate must have basic computer skills and knowledge of general office equipment.
Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. Must possess diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to carry 70 pound suitcase from the floor to 18 inches and carry 70 pound suitcase in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position. Employment may be contingent upon completion of federally approved 10-year background investigation and/or a background investigation by any law enforcement agency and upon completion of pre-employment drug testing. Employee must maintain appropriate security status.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF
Airport environment: indoor and outdoor. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered. Candidate must understand work conditions are mandatory in inclement weather. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.-
This position is responsible for providing customer service to Allegiant Air customers. The ideal candidate must be people oriented, highly motivated with a positive friendly attitude. Must be computer literate; able to lift/push/pull 70lbs. on a continuous basis. Must be able to load and unload aircraft. Must be able to work varied hours including nights, weekends, holidays and must stay late for irregular operations. Candidate must be able to work in inclement weather, extreme heat and rain. Candidate must posses a vaild drivers license. Uniforms are provided.
ALL POSITIONS LISTED ABOVE REQUIRE COMPLETION OF A FEDERALLY APPROVED TEN-YEAR BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND/OR INVESTIGATION BY ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. EMPLOYEE MUST MAINTAIN APPROPRIATE STATUS. PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING AND MANDATORY RANDOM DRUG SCREENING.
Airport employees are employed by the Tri-State Airport Authority and are responsible for the operation, maintenance, development, and business activities of Tri-State Airport. If you have specific questions, please contact the Human Resources Department: (304) 453-6165 ext. 14.
Businesses located at the airport are responsible for their own hiring. To find out about any open positions with an airport business (airline, rental car agency, FAA, TSA, restaurant, etc) please contact that business individually.